Yesterday, at the permaculture farm I had the idea of planting strawberry plants round the blackberry bush after I move it to its new location in order to cut down on the number of weeds. However, the immediate snag was where to source strawberry plants at this time of year.
Well, that might have been solved from a source within my very own garden. In short, whilst preparing this season’s garlic bed, I needed to do
up the strawberry plants which have grown out of the ones I put in a trench last autumn. The original idea had been to dispose of them in this fashion as there was no more room in the compost bin at that time. Then lo and behold they started sprouting out of the ground this spring.
But now that looks very much like a blessing. I can’t plant the plants until I’ve moved the blackberry bush so I will have to do a spot of twilight potting but that should do for a week, till I can next spend any serious amount of time in the garden.
I’m the meantime, I’ve got most of the garlic in. Now, it’s yet another waiting game till either the crab apple tree arrives or I pull out the Chinese cabbage. Still, I’m pleased with the progress made today😄.