I am ecstatic!
And not a little relieved…….
Each time I drained my first bokashi bin, a mere drop or two of bokashi tea came out the spout. A little disappointing as I had been hoping for a decent amount of liquid fertiliser for my pots.
But when I emptied that bin, I discovered that the tap had been blocked by some of the bokashi mix. No wonder the bin had been difficult to drain. So, I made sure with the new bin that nothing got up the spout. I also made sure there was plenty of juicy vegetable matter to get the tea going.
Hm… Still nothing came out. In fact, NOTHING came out.
However, a couple of days ago, I pressed the mix to get any air out of it. Which must have done the trick, because this evening I turned the tap – and the tea literally poured out.