In a recent post, I mentioned the quest to declutter my home. It’s not the first time and it is unlikely to be the last, considering the momentous task ahead.
However, one of the big (in many senses of the word) issues is finally being tackled. The sofa from a neighbour was very comfortable to sit on and useful for hosting guests overnight. It was also an inappropriate size for our living room. And now it needs to go in order to make way for a piano.
The plan therefore was to break it down, having determined that anyone was unlikely to want it for their own home in view of its size. Not least, I had great difficulty getting it in through the front door – and I didn’t fancy having to redo the paintwork again upon its departure.
Best made plans and all the rest. The springs were proving impossible to work free of the wooden frame, so reluctantly I decided once I had made the whole small enough to fit through the requisite doorways, the council would have to take it away.
Until I learned that the council wouldn’t take an object as long as mine. So, back to the drawing board. Or rather, out came my saw and yippee!
Some of the frame will still need to be taken away rather than being repurposed, at least by me. However, I think I can salvaged some of the wood for hugel beds. I had originally thought of it being used for raised beds but this would reduce the amount of space to grow stuff, so until the day I need to get my wheelchair round the garden, I think I will forego that idea, anyway.