Actually, this post has nothing to do with Marco Polo but has a lot to do with a supposedly good storer by the name of Marco.
It took me quite a long time to locate the rest of the garlic I was going to plant once I had found the site for it in the back garden. Not so long that it would have gone mouldy, but it was in any case mouldy.
Instead of 12 cloves I planted a mere 5 – and I didn’t even need the patch I had cleared specifically for the purpose on Monday.
Maybe it’s the hard pruning the healthy plant got a few months ago or the companion effect of the nasturtiums. Whatever the reason, I am more than pleased that my self-seeders can feed me where bought stuff fails 😉