I’d been meaning to get out in the garden today but somehow during school hours the time flew by before I could find my gloves and a trowel.
Actually, I didn’t realise I would need a trowel until I got out there. My aim for the day had been to start dismantling the rest of the greenhouse frame. But when I started to move the poles to a less obstructive position, I saw that something had been digging up the garlic bulbils.
Instead, as I replanted the bulbils, I noticed that they had already started to grow roots and shoots. This is really exciting! All being well, they will continue to flourish and give me some fine garlic next year.