Notwithstanding, the best bit of the day for me had nothing to do with the course but rather what happened afterwards.
I had placed an add on Freegle for an old Christmas tree, so that I could make an acidic hugel bed for the blueberry bush. A kind person answered – et voila!
It was a bit of a tussle getting it in the car – and not any easier getting it out again. It was also just a tad scary driving it home along the M62 and the M1 (motorways, for anyone not from the UK). However, I decided that would be easier than negotiating local roads, as long as I didn’t change lanes….
Anyway, it is now safely stacked up with the rest of the hugel bed fodder. If only I could get it in the ground this minute – but I will patiently wait for the bokashi bin after next to be ready first. Hopefully therefore the rhubarb won’t be long in producing, as its leaves fill up the bin nicely.