We seem to have had a reprieve from the most recent bout of rainy weather, so I decided it was time to get the spade out and make more space in the garden by getting rid of various unwanted vegetation.
Actually, I also dug up two bulbs of garlic which seem to have been left over from last year. That makes four in total…. And I didn’t dig this up but it looks like there’s a potato plant growing. Quite how when I no longer put potato peelings in the compost, I don’t know.
Anyway, there are still loads of bluebells to dig up and, though I haven’t been plagued with couch grass, there are odd little patches which had never been dealt with. I was feeling a bit too lazy to deal with it all in one good but at least the rhizomes don’t seem to have spread, so it is easy enough on a superficial level to get out the ground.