Much to my own consternation, I’ve made progress on laying the foundations for the shed.
After clearing away a lot of rubbish (and I do mean rubbish) which had accumulated in the Wendy house, I moved the two (big) flagstones which I’d lifted the other day into what I very much hope will be their final position. The are heavy indeed but with the help of my spade I was able to lever them so that they lined up.
A quick measure suggests that in terms of length, I could probably just about get away with the two stones, although I think I will put some smaller ones along the edge. On the other hand, I am going to have to bring another two flagstones up from the patio in order to make the foundations wide enough to accommodate the shed.
I’m also going to have to level off part of the garden, where the strawberries are currently growing, so that the next row of stones can lie flat. I am loathe to lose any of the garden but there is quite a lot of unused space which will be cultivable once the shed has been installed. Not least, I will hopefully be able to do some vertical gardening.
And other good news is that the shed will be far enough back from the crab apple tree that it can grow unimpeded. I had ideally wanted a bigger shed than I can fit in the space but it would probably look out of proportion with the garden, anyway.