Now that the soil is once more not only diggable but friable, I decided it was an opportune moment to sow some flower seeds in the front garden (in the space vacated by the primulas yesterday). It’s unlikely that we’ll get a frost now, so the next hope is that they aren’t eaten by birds or dug up by cats which occasionally think the front garden is a toilet.
Another job I’d been planning to do this evening, though this wasn’t weather dependent, was to replace the glass with netting over the coldframe I built last month.
Some of the sprout seedlings are getting so big that they need more space than the glass laid over the bricks can afford them. So with the wires and netting in place, I think they will be good to go. The next issue will be butterflies later in the summer but I’ll deal with that once they are planted out.
More work to do before then, though…..