This evening, when I checked in the raised bed I made the other day, I noticed what I suspected might happen (but which I optimistically hoped wouldn’t). Namely, an animal had been digging.
A shame that finished compost had to go back into the bin but I don’t want the ratty, which I think disturbed the raised bed, to smell the bokashi solids in there if at all possible.
Anyway, the problem being the solution, I am now motivated to removed a number of marigolds from the front garden, so there will be more green matter to cover what went in the compost bin today. And the soil in the ‘raised bed’ has already been conditioned by the compost on top of it, so fingers crossed that the lettuce I sowed tonight will germinate to take advantage.