Things have been a bit hectic over the last few days. Not only have I been at work after two weeks off but I managed to flood the downstairs of my house on Monday morning, whilst disconnecting the washing machine, which had broken down last Friday.
In other words, every spare moment has been spent mopping up a very sodden carpet. Fortunately, it doesn’t look like I am going to have to replace anything apart from the washing machine itself. And my kitchen scales, which seem also to have succumbed in the flood.
Thankfully, I’d done all my preserving after the forage last week, so no weighing out has been needed since Monday’s mishap. And the garden has been behaving. No blight, the tomatoes are turning red, the squash are still growing, the runner beans likewise and the Jerusalem artichokes are in flower.
In attempt to stage collecting biomass for the compost bin, as it is decidedly full, I’ve managed to find some time this evening to get out with the secateurs, however. Not all the artichokes have flowered, so they have been chopped.
And to speed up decomposition, I’ve used half a litre of liquid from the bokashi bin in there as well. It seemed to do the trick when I tried the same a little while back. Plus, the weather has been warm (21 degrees C yesterday), so no wonder the nasturtiums continue to go wild!