I’m going to be doing a lot of moving backwards and forwards over the next few months in order to wiggle everything into the garden. So, this evening I made space for the stones and other paraphernalia on my patio to move to.
The patch featured above circa two hours ago was full of stuff I hadn’t planted: rocket, lemon balm and plantain, in the main. So, to call the patch ‘unproductive’ isn’t quite fair to Mother Nature – but the courgette I did plant was a resounding failure.
Now, it is free of plants, so that the move can begin. And then I can prepare the ground nearer the back door for one of the many permanent features that I intend to put along the new fence. Quite what will ultimately happen with the ‘unproductive’ patch long term is still to be decided.