Until last weekend, I thought that my bog garden was complete. Sigh!
I already knew that it needed holes in the liner to stop the water stagnating. What I’d not thought about was some liner on the pool side of the garden. Then looking at the instructions again, it suggested putting bricks inside the bog to hold the walls up.
Too many reasons not to get the spade out yet again. Indeed, once I’d got going I realised a fourth. I needed to scrap away all the soil in the original bog garden, which is when I discovered the area was too small.In fact, most of the original would actually have been under the stones decorating the pond.
The bog garden will still be on the small side because of the bricks I’ve lined it with. However, I’m really pleased to have emptied the rest of the garden of them. And in sorting out the bog, I’ve also improved the wall round the raised bed.
Many of the bricks have cement on them, which does make for rather a wobbly wall. Now, the worst offenders are underground and the more appealing ones are in the raised bed wall. So, it’s been a win-win kind of morning.