I had had high hopes of yesterday morning, originally intending to get quite a few jobs done in the garden. However, work has become a bit of a nightmare and I ended up pre-occupied with other matters than horticulture.
I did, nonetheless, make a little headway with my list of gardening tasks. Basically, I cleared the crocosmia fronds from round the pine tree in readiness for digging out the bulbs. I am certain that there will be one or two remaining but hopefully these can be removed relatively easily on an ad hoc basis.
Tired as I was this morning, I decided upon a bit of garden therapy first thing. In short, I got straight down to clearing the raised bed of the nasturtiums, which are still growing strongly, in spite of recent frosts, and other vegetation which is in the way of garlic planting.
The green matter from these two jobs alone added considerably to the bulk in the Green Johanna and I hope therefore that the bin works its magic to produce compost quickly. Not that I need the compost right now – I just need the space.