When I built the pond, I used the soil that had been excavated to build up soil in the raised bed and round the apple trees. However, I don’t remember this dip in the garden:
No matter, I have a stack of newspapers from my neighbour, which never seems to be replete. And I need to empty the finishing off compost bin before it can be filled up with this year’s offerings. So, now this apparent hole seems to have been filled in.
Whilst out in the garden, it being such a beautiful sunny day, I decided to finish off the pruning of the Reinette Orléans. The branches had started to become quite cluttered in the centre of the tree, so the main job was to take out one of the big branches. This necessitated using my DIY saw, not the idea size
but with a bit of wangling at least it got the job done.
Methinks the purchase of a tree saw is in order, as I can imagine I’m going to have more of such branches in the future. In the meantime, the remaining tree to prune is still little more than a sapling, so secateurs may be adequate for this task.