Today I was nominated for an award by aquariumstarter at http://greenhousestarter.wordpress.com/ and so I have set up this new page as a place to write about any kindnesses that I wish to publicise.
I am thrilled to bits that I have been nominated for the award, especially as I have only been blogging for just over two months 🙂
Anyway, apart from thanking aquariumstarter at greenhousestarter.wordpress.com for the nomination, in order to accept the award I need to give you, the reader, seven previously unknown facts about myself and nominate a further 10-15 bloggers for this award.
So here goes first with the facts:
1. I was having difficulty thinking of what I could say in this section so I asked my daughter who said that I should say she loved me and that I made amazing food. She then said that she’d said the last bit so that she could get a sticker!
2. Good cook or not, I did get a degree in French and German and so can still speak something of these two languages – my French is better than the German, having had more opportunity to keep it up.
3. I also know a smattering of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Spanish and Punjabi.
5. I also have a Masters in Linguistics and English Language Teaching.
6. And if you hadn’t already guessed, languages were my first love… until I discovered gardening.
7. But I love my daughter more than anything in the world 🙂
Now, after much soul-searching I have decided to nominate the following bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Rach (http://www.blipfoto.com/yearofhappy). Her photos are fab and I am eternally grateful for her advice on how to become a successful blogger.
3. Danielle (http://cozycakescottage.wordpress.com) Her blog is so beautiful and we seem to be living parallel lives with our daughters and homes.
4. Jeffrey Foltice (http://photonatureblog.wordpress.com). His photography is brilliant – the close-ups of flowers and insects is amazing.
5. Astrid Templier (http://lovelyjubblyphotography.com/). I really love her street scenes.
7. punkrgrl (http://squirrelandpear.wordpress.com) I so love their vegetable garden.
8. PJGardener (http://thepyjamagardener.wordpress.com) I love the fact that like me she might go into the garden in her pyjamas ‘just for a moment’ and be out there a very long time!
9. Vanessa (http://blackberriesandbloodoranges.wordpress.com) Such wonderful recipes and the pictures to go with them. I could eat them off the screen.
10. mybrightlife (http://mybrightlife.wordpress.com) It’s great to see the positivity and love of life in this blog.
11. PZ Designs (http://pz-designs.com) An interesting blend of garden photos and graphic design.
I really love all the blogs I see and am so glad that one of my friends recommended wordpress to me as a way to get me writing. I am seeing a brilliant new world and I’m just loving it 🙂